Mono Print

Metallic Glue Relief

Tissue Paper Painting

Crayon Etching

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recent Art Exhibit


I recently had the privilege of planning and executing a first-time art exhibit for Amy, a young woman who is struggling with serious medical issues. She amazingly uses art as a means of coping with multiple surgeries following a blood clot and a coma. Her solo exhibition of mixed media paintings provided a vehicle for her to reach out to friends, family and other guests, and was an inspiring event for all who participated. The three months I spent working on the exhibit was time well spent.

Teaching private art lessons to Amy and others continues to be one of the most satisfying moments in my career as a painter and teacher. I also enjoy teaching art to small groups of children in my studio. I love using the skills I developed as a teacher in a school classroom in my own studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment