Mono Print

Metallic Glue Relief

Tissue Paper Painting

Crayon Etching

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Art Party



I was invited to present an art lesson at the home of former school students. Since everyone was getting a little tired of all the snow we've been having, we began by creating summery beach scenes, using oil pastel & watercolor resist techniques. The fact that there was a variety of ages in the participants made for more variety in the paintings.

Watercolor resist is one of my favorite techniques to introduce to both children and adults. When wax crayon or oil pastel lines are applied heavily to paper, watercolor washes painted on top of the drawing allow those lines to pop through the paint. It's a dramatic and magical process which fascinates young and older artists alike!

3 comments:

  1. Hi leona, Shira and I enjoyed your video! we will try it at home! Inwha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...Your post really got me thinking man..... an intelligent piece ,I must say. Get more information about Art party .

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This is an awesome post and very informative. It gives the information that I was really searching for the past week and I really appreciate you for sharing this post and precious information. The internet needs more bloggers like you with interesting and unique contents.Thanks so much for making my day! "

    ReplyDelete