Here's a simple and inexpensive way to make a beautiful sun catcher. Hang it in your window in celebration of Spring and Summer, and the colors will come to life when the sunlight streams in.
Recycled clear hard plastic cover from a food container (yogurt)
Sharp tool (awl or sharp scissors)
Unbent paper clip, pipe cleaner or scrap of yarn or wire
1. Wash and dry a clear hard plastic food container cover.
2. On the outside surface of the cover, use the black pen to draw a design using many lines.
3. On the opposite side (the inside surface) of the cover, fill in the areas between the lines with a variety of colors. Use as many colors and designs as you wish.
4. Using an awl or the blade of scissors (kids should get adult help to do this safely), punch a small hole at the top of the cover.
5. Thread the paper clip, pipe cleaner or yarn through the hole & tie it off. Hang your sun catcher in a sunny window.
You can see more colorful sun catchers in my June 24, 2011 post.
A five year old made this lively sun catcher!